When we view HTML in the browser, the browser turns the HTML into the DOM: Document Object Model. We can see the DOM in the Elements tab in Dev Tools.
- Global scope of browser
- All global variables are stored.
- Helpful properties like
location, innerWidthpresent on window object.
- It is everything about the currently open window including the browser bar, tabs, scrollbars etc.
- Responsible for everything from
- Not concerned with tabs, scrollbar, browser bar etc.
- Higher level than window.
- gives info about the browser and the device that it's on
- things like webcam, audio access, battery level, GPS and other device specific features live on navigator.